Invisalign® uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So, you can smile more during treatment as well as after. More than 70% of orthodontists in the US and Canada are certified to treat with Invisalign®
- One of the greatest benefits of Invisalign® is that no one can tell you’re wearing them.
- They are designed to gradually realign teeth and are meant to replace traditional braces.
- Cosmetically, invisible retainers are more appealing because they are difficult to notice, making them particularly popular among adults who wish to straighten their teeth without the use of traditional metal braces.
- Aligners are easily removed during eating and tooth brushing.
- There is no more need for impressions thanks to the implementation of iTero® scanning technology which is used to create a highly accurate digital 3D image without the old fashioned method of using dental impressions.
Many adults or older teens would like to improve their smiles but hate the idea of traditional orthodontia. Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that is a great alternative to metal braces. Unlike traditional braces, patients don’t have to endure painful, ugly metal wires or bands. Virtually invisible, the Invisalign system works through a series of custom aligners.
The Clear Choice
Because Invisalign uses a series of clear trays to shift teeth, patients avoid irritating brackets and the unsightly appearance of metal orthodontia. An estimated 1,000,000 people have chosen to straighten their teeth with Invisalign. Benefits include:
- Gradual movement of teeth
- Imperceptible treatment option
- Less inconvenience
- Removable aligners
- Shorter treatment time frame
Invisalign Treatment Overview
During the first step, Dr. Breen will perform a digital scan of your teeth. From this scan, Dr. Breen can create and manipulate a computerized image of the teeth. Using the 3-D model, Dr. Breen will plan out the movement of the teeth. Custom aligners are then generated to fit your specific case. Every couple of weeks, patients change the aligners as prescribed by Dr. Breen. The aligners gradually reposition the teeth little by little until you can enjoy a straight, attractive smile.
FAQs about Invisalign
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
With Invisalign, adults who want to maintain their mature images don’t have to deal with the embarrassment of metal braces. Another obvious advantage of Invisalign is that the aligners are removable, so patients can take them out to eat, brush, and floss.
Will Invisalign aligners straighten my child’s teeth?
Because they still have baby teeth that need room to come out, Dr. Breen does not recommend Invisalign for young children. As well, most kids don’t have the discipline needed to wear, care for, and keep up with the Invisalign aligners.
How long does treatment last?
Although the actual length of time depends on the individual case, usually Invisalign will straighten your smile in 6 to 18 months, often less time than with traditional orthodontic therapy. Dr. Breen will see you every four to six weeks to monitor your progress.
Since the aligners are removable, can I take them out whenever I want?
Most patients love the fact that they can take their aligners out for eating, brushing, or on special occasions. For optimal results, you need to wear the aligners about 22 hours a day on a consistent basis.